- Other Resources
- To provide emergency shelter, crisis intervention, education, and advocacy for adults and children who are victims of domestic violence.
- To Assist victims through the criminal justice process.
- To Raise Awareness in the community through education.
- To Provide assistance through personal education and training.
- To Help victims break the cycle of domestic violence and regain control of their lives.
"...This is what makes New Choices such an important part of our community. It gives women like myself, who are lost, alone and terrified, an opportunity to take back their lives. No one here makes the changes for you, but they take you by the hand and step by step lead you through the roads you need to take, to make the changes required, that will lead you where you want to go.
It scares me to imagine where I would be now, if this help had not been available. nothing I can do or say will ever be able to repay the staff and sponsors of New Choices, but I will be eternally grateful to everyone connected to this organization, and hope the shelter remains open so others in the situation I was in hav a place to turn when they are ready to make that call."
- Past Safe House Resident and Survivor
Our Safe House
New Choices is a non-profit agency, incorporated in 1983, to serve the unique needs of victims and survivors of domestic violence and family abuse. For nearly 30 years our advocates have worked to help victims of this crime through their individual struggles. We can be found guiding survivors through the court system; educating in the workplace, church, and community; in the school discussing alternatives to violence and bullying. We work every day to become an integral part of the fabric of the communities that foster a safe environment for all.
New Choices offers a warm, home-like atmosphere for our individuals and families affected by domestic violence. our current safe house is an ideal home for New Choices because:
- It is located in a neighborhood setting - allowing residents to feel safe.
- Local law enforcement is in close proximity to the house and can respond quickly, if necessary.
- Specialized security equipment and surveillance technology is on place.
How Can You Help?
You can find out more information for our 2015 Capital Campaign here.
If you would like to make a Paypal donation to our campaign please click the button below.
Support our mission